The RM800 million Facility is designed to help SMEs and innovative start-ups to grow their businesses and invest in strategic sectors and technologies fields (digital tech, green tech and biotech) for a sustainable and entrenched economic recovery.
Financing rate of up to 3.5% per annum is offered for financing without guarantee or up to 5% per annum inclusive of guarantee fee (with guarantee coverage by Credit Guarantee Corporation Malaysia Berhad (CGC) or Syarikat Jaminan Pembiayaan Perniagaan Berhad (SJPP).
The Facility is available now until 31 December 2023.
Malaysian SMEs* in the following sectors:
|Manufacturing||• Electrical and Electronics (E&E)|
• Refined petroleum
• Machinery and Equipment (M&E)
• Medical devices & pharmaceuticals
• Automotive and transport equipment (including aerospace; vehicle and parts manufacturers)
|Services||• Information and Communication Technology (ICT)|
• Research and Development
Businesses (including commercially ready start-ups) involved in providing technology solutions:
|Green technology||• Renewable energy & energy efficiency|
• Transportation- Clean transportation, electric vehicle, battery development
• Natural resources- Sustainable water and waste management- Aquatic conservation and pollution prevention
• Circular economy- Reusing, recycling and remanufacturing- Repurposing of stranded assets
• Agritech- Precision and automated farming
– Vertical farming
– Farming using drones, IoT and big data analytics
• Low carbon technologies- Low carbon-emitting technologies (Carbon, capture, utilisation and storage (CCUS), low carbon hydrogen)
|Digital and 4IR technology||• Smart manufacturing (IoT solutions)|
• Artificial Intelligence (AI)
• Big data analytics
• Virtual/ Augmented reality
• Drone technologies
• Connectivity and distributed infrastructure (5G, blockchain, cloud computing)
• 3D printing
• Software development (digital healthcare technology, e-commerce, fintech and payment platform,gaming mobility solutions)
• Biosciences (crop and yield improvement)
- SMEs and start-ups in key Government programmes that are involved in innovation and commercialisation for range of critical technologies such as 4IR-related technology, green technology, digital and biotechnology under national blueprints. List of eligible programmes will be updated periodically at www.bnm.gov.my/covid19
1. Recipients of Special Relief Facility (SRF), PENJANA SME Financing (PSF) and/or PENJANA TourismFinancing (PTF) are eligible for the HTG, for the purpose of financing capital expenditure only.
2. All programme participants are encouraged to obtain a letter from the respective agencies to easeverification process by PFIs.
|Purpose of financing||• Working capital; and/or|
• Capital expenditure (CAPEX)
|Financing size||Up to RM10 million|
|Financing rate to SMEs||• Up to 3.5% p.a. for financing without guarantee; or |
• Up to 5% p.a. inclusive of guarantee fee
|Tenure||Up to 10 years|
|Application procedure||Submit application directly to the Participating Financial Institutions (PFIs) and approval will be subject to the credit assessment of PFIs|
|Availability||Until 31 December 2023|
*At least 51% shares held by Malaysians and as defined by SME Corporation Malaysia’s Guideline for SME Definition, accessible at