e-Telegraphic Transfer (e-TT) system was introduced by Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia (IRBM) from 1 April 2022 to facilitate tax payment for several types of income tax using the Telegraphic Transfer (TT), Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) and Inter-Bank GIRO (IBG) medium, for both domestic and outside Malaysia taxpayers.
The VA number generated by the e-TT system can be used for the payment of:
- Income Tax
- Petroleum Income Tax
- Tax Compound
- Income Tax by Foreign Artists
- Withholding Tax (One Payor and One Payee only)
- Real Property Gain Tax (RPGT):
- 3% remittance by acquirer (Section 21B RPGTA 1976) – Individual
- 5% remittance by acquirer (Section 21B RPGTA 1976) – Company
- 7% remittance by acquirer (Section 21B RPGTA 1976) – Foreigner
Taxpayer can perform tax payment using the VA numbers generated by the e-TT system through several payment methods:
- Internet banking portal: IBG/RENTAS/ Telegraphic Transfer/ Electronic Fund Transfer
- Payment at the bank counter: IBG/RENTAS/ Telegraphic Transfer/ Fund Transfer method only. (Payment by cheque using the VA numbers is not accepted at the bank counter).
- Automated Teller Machine (ATM) > IBG.
Download this guideline on how to generate VA number for income tax payment.