What is MYWiT?
MyDigitalWorkforce Work in Tech (MYWiT) incentivizes employers to hire Malaysians for digital tech and services jobs via salary and training subsidies. The incentive is funded by the Government of Malaysia to encourage employers to provide job opportunities to unemployed citizens.
What does it offer? This initiative offers 40% salary subsidy for 6 months and training incentives for in-house or external/3rd party training.
CLOSING DATE: 31 AUGUST 2022
Download MYWiT presso.
|Hiring employers||Reduce your hiring cost with salary incentives|
|Jobseekers||Increase your eligibility and get hired at digital tech or services companies|
|Upskilling and Reskilling Employees||Increase your new hires’ digital and tech skills at a reduced cost through training incentives|
Incentives are available for companies that hire fresh graduates/ unemployed Malaysians/ retrenched employees for the following jobs:
1. Digital Tech roles in any industry
2. Digital Business Services roles in any industry.
The incentives include:
- 40% of Monthly salary for 6 months (maximum incentive is capped at 40% of RM6,500/month, i.e. RM2,600 per pax/month
- Minimum salary requirement: RM2,000/month
Training subsidy for in-house or external/3rd party training:
- In-house training (minimum 40 hours/pax) : up to RM5,000/pax
- External training: up to RM8,000/pax (excluding 6% SST)
Select your training course from here: MDEC’s Digital Skills Training Directory
If the course required not listed in MDEC Digital Skills Training Directory, please contact us at mywit.GMD@mdec.com.my.
- Incorporated in Malaysia under the Companies Act 1965 or the Companies Act 2016;
- Minimum paid-up capital: RM20,000;
- Not subjected to liquidation/winding up order/dormant;
- Not a public-sector, federal, state statutory body/local authority’s (PBT) employee;
- Offering employment for a minimum of 12 months and;
- No close family/business relations to a board of director, shareholder or employee of MDEC.
- Malaysian citizen;
- No permanent employment for a minimum of 2 months/fresh graduates/retrenched employees;
- Commencement date stated in Letter of employment is any date 5th April 2021 to 31st August 2022;
- Not a close family member of a director or shareholder of the hiring company;
- Not a current/past beneficiary of any MyDigitalWorkforce Work In Tech (MYWiT) incentive in any company and;
- Not part of PenjanaKerjaya, Jamin Kerja and Penjana KPT-CAP programmes
1. Company Information including:
- SSM Certificate
2. Job information including :
- Job descriptions for the applied job roles
3. Employee details including:
- Copy of employment offer letter for a minimum duration of 12 months
- Copy of new employee MyKad
- Employees details (template provided)
- Copy of final transcript/certificate/official letter of completion from University/institution(for fresh graduate)
- Retrenchment Letter (for retrenched employee)
4. Training information
a. External training:
- External training template (provided in application form – Employee Details Excel)
- Quotation for the selected course(s)
b. In house training:
- In-house training template (provided in application form – Employee Details Excel)
- Trainer’s Profile or CV (if the trainer does not have LinkedIn profile)
5. Written declaration that all the documents and information submitted are correct and signed by the employers’ authorized signatory.