What is JaminKerja Program – Employment Incentives?
- JaminKerja Program – Employment Incentives is a financial incentive given to employers who make new hires from 1 January 2022 among apprentices, graduates, vulnerable groups including the disabled, ex -servicemen, ex -prisoners, senior citizens and the general unemployed.
- Incentive of 20% of gross salary up to RM12,000 for each employee if successfully employed for the first 6 months and of 40% of gross salary up to RM24,000 if the employee is employed for the next 6 months.
- In total, a maximum incentive of RM36,000 is provided for each individual taken under the JaminKerja Program – Employment Incentives.
- Incentives are paid to the employer every 2 months for employment performed within 12 months.
- Payment will be made for the period of active employee and will be terminated in the event of resignation.
- Mobility Allowance is also provided to recruited employees of RM500 which is paid directly on a ‘one off’ basis to the employees who will be paid in the first month the Employment Incentive is approved.
Who is eligible for JaminKerja Program – Employment Incentives?
- Employers who are eligible to apply for the JaminKerja Program – Employment Incentives are:
- Employers from all industry categories registered with SOCSO before 1 January 2022
- Employers from the Public Sector, Federal and State Statutory Bodies, Remuneration Separated Statutory Bodies, Local Authorities (PBT) are only eligible for the Apprenticeship category
- INELIGIBLE employers are:
- Private Employment Agencies or Outsourcing/Contractors for Service that provide job placement services to other enterprises (principals) and not as the main employer
- However, Employment Agencies or Outsourcing Companies acting as direct employers, which perform the payment of employee salaries and contributions are eligible to apply for this incentive
- Eligible employees are by category, as follows:
|Employees aged 18 – 30 yearsExecutive positions only
|General Job Seekers
|Workers aged 16 – 50 yearsUnemployed for at least 60 days
|Individuals who are unemployed for more than 180 days are SIP BeneficiariesArmy VeteranOrang Asli Former Prisoner / ParoleeDisabled personsEmployees aged 50 years and above
|Unemployed for more than 6 monthsSingle mothers / housewives who are not actively workingFlexible job offers
|Jobs in key sectors
|Occupations in Tourism-related sectors
|Replacement of Foreign Workers & Expatriates
|Employers who have proof of hiring expatriates or foreign workers and implement replacements with employees among Malaysians
How do I apply for JaminKerja Program – Employment Incentives?
- The deadline for applications for the JaminKerja Program – Employment Incentives is 30 June 2022.
- Documents required:
- Employer’s bank account information (front copy with employer’s name), employer’s account number and bank name
- Information on the employer’s business registration number that has been confirmed by the Bank (Business Registration Number – BRN)
- BRN Employee Verification Form signed by the employee
- Employee’s bank account information (copy of the front page of the Bank Statement with the employee’s name, employee account number, identity card number and bank name)
- Application process:
- Employers need to register job vacancies on the MYFutureJobs Portal
- Once the recruitment is implemented (recruitment from 1 January 2022), register new employees on the JaminKerja Portal to apply for the JaminKerja Program – Employment Incentives
- The employer will receive the approval of the eligible employee within 14 working days from the date of application
- The employer is required to pay the salary as per the employee’s offer letter
- Payments to employers will continue to be credited every 2 months based on records of compulsory contributions to SOCSO and the EPF
- Employers can apply for incentives through the JaminKerja Portal from 17 January 2022
- Payment will be credited to the company’s (employer’s) account if the application has met the eligibility requirements.
- Payment of mobility assistance and Malaysianization Incentives will be credited to the employee’s account if the application has met the eligibility requirements.
- Payment for application claims will be made every 2 months up to a period of 6 months for the apprenticeship category and 12 months for other categories.
- To get the incentive every 2 months, the employer must ensure that the salary payment as offered in the contract, SOCSO contribution payment and EPF contribution is implemented within the stipulated period.